Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Fartleks, Part 2

I did interval training today and yet again, it was not fun. Running at top speed for me gets my heart rate extremely high. I usually reach my maximum heart rate suggested for my age when I run at top speed, which apparently isn't good. But my heart beats abnormally high, so I don't worry about it too much (my cousin has this same issue, I think it's from anxiety or something). 

Anyway, I know that interval training is important for increasing overall speed (or is it overall endurance? I can't remember right now), but it's just so damn hard. I'd rather run at a comfortable pace for an hour than 18 minutes of fartleks. Curse you interval training!

Rachel, you need a goal for this week. What is it? You have those great new running shoes (way better than mine and thanks for giving me my running shoes as I was leaving on Sunday. That would have sucked if I didn't have those for the 10K). Put those nice new shoes to use!  Blog about your effort to move this week. I await your post...

No comments:

Post a Comment