Thursday, October 25, 2012

Another 5:45 a.m. Day

I really do NOT like waking up at 5:45 a.m. That's what I did again today to complete my 40 minute moderate run. As I was in the bathroom peeling my eyes open and attempting to get my heart monitor positioned correctly, a huge part of me wanted to just crawl back in bed with my husband. But I knew it wouldn't be easier when I arrived home tonight, annoyed from work and tired from the day. So, I laced up my sneaks, drank some water, and was out the door. 

It's comforting to see people walking their dogs because it's dark and I feel like the only person on the planet who is awake, but beyond that, even the people who are awake aren't running. But I did it, I ran for 40 straight minutes (including just 2 stops, one for a changing traffic light and one to change the Pandora station, it was getting to be a real downer and too slow for running) and I covered a little over 4 miles, which means I'm keeping at least a 6 mph pace. While I know that's really slow for a real runner, it's a pretty good accomplishment for me.

So, this is the second day this week I woke up extremely early (for me) to go for a run and tomorrow will be my third day. I feel energized after the run, but by 10:00 a.m. I am drained. I don't think coffee is the answer to this problem; I may need to just get to bed earlier. Hopefully, I'll get the hang of this training thing.

Well, that's all for now. Happy birthday shout out to, Rachel. Hope you're ready for our big run on Sunday. It looks like it's going to rain, so that'll be extra fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment