Friday, November 9, 2012

My 5K Yesterday

Yesterday was my last run before the 10K on Sunday and I had to run a 5-7K or run for 35 minutes. So, I decided that I'd run to my aunt's house because it's just over a 5K away (3.2 miles to be exact). I really wanted to see if I could complete the 5K in under 30 minutes because it would be a good indicator or whether or not I could finish Sunday's race in less than 60 minutes. 

Well, I'm happy to report that I ran that distance in 29 minutes! This accounts for me slowing down for hills, darkness (some parts of the run were really not well lit), and a BMW that was racing down a neighborhood street and caused me to back up onto the sidewalk as I was midway through crossing the street. Boy was that scary! 

Anyway, I'm pretty confident that I can finish Sunday in less than 60 minutes. Although, I may be just under that time, I'll be proud that I've increased my speed through training. Now, I get to rest for 2 days until the race and I'm really looking forward to it because we are supposed to have nice weather. 

No comments:

Post a Comment