Friday, July 5, 2013

My First 1/2 Marathon

I should have blogged about this sooner. Rachel and I ran our first half marathon race back in May. It was truly intense. I can't believe I have to run double that in October, but it was a great experience. Rachel was ahead of me for most of the race, but I caught up with her at the last mile. I had lapsed in training for the half because my knee was giving me some trouble and the physical therapist I saw said that I needed to rest. During the race, I only stopped briefly to pick up water and I finished in 2 hours and 18 minutes, which is slow, but good for me. I was pleased with the results.

Anyway, I'll start writing again now that I'm training for the Marine Corps Marathon in October. Tomorrow, I have a 7 mile run. I'm thinking that I might train using the Hansons' Marathon Method. I'm about halfway through the book and it's quite a convincing method for training. We shall see. For now, I am following Hal Higdon's marathon training schedule for novice runners. More to come about this journey to be trained for the marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment